Friday, October 2, 2015

The Burning Question !!



I don’t know how I landed in this place. Somehow they got hold of my number and called me for an interview. They were offering a position called as “political analyst”. It is a recently started news website, which is run by the expats who used to work for a leading English newspaper. They wanted to see my political thoughts, I said “frankly speaking, I don’t any idea of the present-past-or-future politics”, but they said “we the people don’t care”. I said “I don’t know neither the left, nor the right or the center of it”. The interviewer got irritated and he yelled “the buck stops here” and continued with the burning questions.

Interviewer :- Question No. 1 – According to you who is the worst Prime Minister India ever had?
Me:- (Silence)..hmmm

Interviewer :- OK. I’ll give you options- (a) VP Singh (b) Narasimha Rao (c) Nehru
Me:- There is no Modi in the options?

Interviewer:- No, he'll be available in the next question. If you want I will give a fourth option which is (d) None of the above.
Me:- Let me skip this and take the next question.

Interviewer:- Next question No. 2- According to you who is the best Prime Minister India ever had?
Me:- You have options or can I choose according to my wish?

Interviewer:- Your options are (a) Modi (b) Modi (c) Modi (d)..
Me:- (Interrupting) I will go for option (d) None of the above

Interviewer:- The fourth option (d) is All the above. Do you want to go with “All the above”?
Me:- I’ll skip this question and move to the next.

…........
..........
…..

The interview went on for an hour. They will let me know the result in a week for the next round!!


No comments:

Post a Comment