Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Motorcycle Diaries - 2



To access the suber bantasdic part 1 of this series, please feel free to click the following link at your own risk- www.teashoptalks.blogspot.com/2014/09/motorcycle-diaries-1.html

OK, now I have the bike or scooter or whatever you wish to call. The next step is to get a license, I inquired with my neighbors about the RTO office meant for the Vadapalani area. Everyone gave confusing answers. Then I thought for a right solution, you have to approach right people, with that conclusion, I went to a nearby driving school to ask about the RTO office, but came out agreeing a “fixed” amount, because for Learner Licence (LLR) it has to go through the driving school (True or false!).

After a day, I then went back to the driving school and gave the proof and photos. The guy there checked every documents and said “Everything is fine. Now you need to write a test

Me- (Gave him a blank look) grrrrr.

He said “No worries, I’ll write the test”, he took a paper which had some questions in it and thapu.. chipu.. dumm, he finished it and asked me to just sign. After few days, I got the LLR. The school guy said comeback after a month.

I felt as if I got a passport to heaven. For first few days whenever the bike is at stand, I used to cover it fully (safeguard it from angry birds). Cleaned (thodachi-fied) it daily (now it’s a dirt bike!). Used two locks- one inbuilt front lock and then out-built back wheel lock.

I was like a “Rules Ramanujam” while driving, which I’m still. With just having the LLR, I never bothered to get the actual license, I just kept on procrastinating, I thought the LLR is valid for 6 months until that fateful night came..

Ride Continues..

No comments:

Post a Comment