Friday, May 30, 2014

Where is Gouindy ?



I came across some funny moments for few weeks while travelling to office in MTC buses. This when I realized how much fun I missed by traveling in office cabs and own vehicle. 

Two things will kill you, waiting for office cabs to pick you and their odd timings. For a 5 PM shift you have to be ready at 3 PM!. As of now I don't have this cab problem, but travelling in own vehicle with already sleepy eyes is risky, have to be attentive always. Commuting by bus was fun, here are some crazy characters which I met, 

---------

Waiting in Vadapalani Bus Stop. A north Indian guy asked me “எ bus குயுண்டி jayeaga?”?

I gave him a puzzled look and said “குயுண்டி ?”

---------

In a movie, Vivek and Hanifa will get into an argument about Vadapalani and T Nagar. I never thought I’ll see something like that in real life.

This happened in Koyambedu Bus Stand. Route No 570 - CMBT to Kelambakkam. While the bus was about to leave. The Hanifa character entered and asked the driver “Inda bus Koyambedu poguma ?

Driver said “nnnggg… Edu than Koyambedu !!

Hanifa got tension and raised the voice, “Koyambedu poguma pogada”.

Driver noticed that this Hanifa is in full mabbu and said “Koyambedu pogadu.. kizza erangu

Hanifa said “Appadi theliva sollu”. He then put a salaam to the driver and got down.

---------

People who are not familiar with area names will pronounce it differently or get confused.

A confused guy might be from Bangalore asking the conductor “One Koramagala”.

Conductor, “Appadi oru area Chennai’la ellaye

Then he realized that he is in Chennai and not Bangalore and said “One Kelambakkam”.

---------

What is your funny moments in bus travel ?

**Above Image from the blogger

2 comments:

  1. Hey :) Found your post really interesting :)
    I came across one such Bangalore - Chennai confusion as well..
    I was traveling in the double Decker to Bangalore. As the the train was approaching K.R.Puram (Krishnarajapuram), the lady next to me asked me "Next stop R.A Puram ah?"

    And my answer "R.A puram ku neenga innum 5 hours antha side poganum, wrong train Ma'am, aduthathu K.R. Puram, Welcome to Bengaluru!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suganya. That was interesting and funny reply.

      The lady must have been in a confused state :-). Your reply would have calmed her down!.

      In Chennai since there are more "bakkams". It's difficult for outsiders to adjust.

      Delete