Saturday, May 17, 2014

Ctrl + Shift + Insert



Most of us use computers in our work and home. For some, it has become an integral part of the work. Let me put down some unique (and some not so unique) habits I got when using a computer.

Copy+Paste

Most of them use Ctrl+c for copy and Ctrl+v for paste, but for me its always Ctrl+Insert for copy and Shift+Insert for paste. I started using computers since MS-DOS, so when my sir in the Computer center taught he gave this unique combination to copy & paste. I seldom use Ctrl+c and Ctrl+v. My hand always searches for Ctrl-Shift-Insert combo.

For me its easy than Ctrl+C-V. When someone sees me using this Ctrl+Insert, they see it as a unique key-combo and ask for the combination. They start using this combo and then they feel it’s handy than Ctrl+c-v.

Shift+Tab

For some reason, I always use Shift+Tab to navigate across windows. Not sure where and when I picked this up, but couldn't leave it!.

Shift+Delete

Whenever I delete a file, my fingers automatically goes to Shift+Delete. This will remove the files permanently ( of course we can retrieve it from some software later ). So once I delete the files, I never regret about the loss.

Recycle Bin

Because of the above Shift+Delete, I never opened Recycle Bin. It’s always empty.

Email

I start writing the email first, then the subject and then fill the To and CC fields. Because, I have the fear of accidentally sending the half-written email.

Once the Email is sent. I always go the sent folder to check if the email is there and again I read it there !

Page Up & Page Down

These are least used keys. I know not when I had used these keys.

Lock the screen

This habit came from my previous employer. I lock the screen, even while using laptop at home. This is kind of safe, cause people won't peep into my system while I’m off-desk.

Incognito Mode

While using a common computer, I’ll always open the browse in the Incognito mode (Private mode). Two things- no one knows what we browse and other is user name\password won't be saved. 

What’s your unique habit ?

**Above image by this blogger


No comments:

Post a Comment