Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Adios Amigos




My Dear Indian,

This is Manmohan Singh. You might be puzzled of who I am, I was your PM for past 10 years. Once for all, I’m bidding adieu to the post which I got it lucky. When I say lucky, I really mean it, because in 2004 once the elections were over, even I wasn't aware that I’ll become the Prime Minister of this country. It was a surprise for me then and it is a surprise now as I complete 10 years.

I wouldn't say the ride was bumpy, because most of the time I wasn't even in the driving seat. I was just a mute spectator as you were. I was just a viewer and a witness to strange things. My Cambridge brain was put in hibernation. But in spite of hibernation, I could do something so that our economy doesn't get into hell bottom. So what did I get back as reward, my name was changed into Mounmohan. I had a great opportunity to change this nation, but if you were in my position you could have felt the heat. I was surrounded by this chamchas and babus which I couldn't get rid off, they were non-stop as waves, on and on and on. You have to be happy enough that I didn't yield for it. I’m still clean!

My economist brain just couldn't grasp the scams. I was thinking for the growth of this country, but people around me, these chamchas and babus were thinking about the growth of the individuals. I never imagined that these people can swindle money in the name of new scams, which I couldn't even imagine. 

In tough times of global recession, I could steer our Indian economy without getting hit. For the people who write me as a week should think what could have happened if I was 100% hibernated! Should you give me some credit, but I don't ask for it. History will judge me. There will be a time when you’ll judge me while comparing to my predecessors. I know not the outcome of your comparison now, but you’ll write about it. Newspapers, get ready your OP-ED columns.

I was a good manager, but I failed as a leader. They say, I’m a perfect example of a right-guy in the wrong place, but show me where is the right place in this country!

I’m very grateful to PV Narasimha Rao, who dragged me into this political whirlwind in 1991. Touch your heart and cross your soul- Does the change in the economic policy then made a sea-change in your lives. But, I should have stopped then, I should have gone with the glory, than accepting the Prime Minister-ship of the country. I had a greed of changing this nation, but I just couldn't put those greediness into action. 

Adios Amigos,
MMS

****This is a fictional letter from this blogger
**Above image from indiatoday.in

No comments:

Post a Comment