Saturday, March 1, 2014

How to Name it


When I took my white rabbit (this will be my bike) from its stand, I found the back tyre had gone flat. Thinking that evening will be a long one, I decided to take a bus to office. Being Friday there was no rush for meetings or early calls. I took a share auto to reach Vadapalani signal to catch a bus to Kandanchavadi.

Traffic got pilling up and buses were crowded.  I decided to go in the AC bus. I got my selves equipped- exact paisa-with-change, newly bought smartphone tucked inside the left pant pocket & wallet on the right pocket.

No sign of any AC bus, I was waiting patiently. In distance, I spotted a middle aged couple; they were enquiring something with the people in the bus stop. I thought they were asking for directions or seems they were lost their way! They slowly walked towards me. The guy around 40-ish old, wearing  lungi and the women should be of the same age. She was wearing a sari. 

The guy started to speak with me. He called me “Anna”. I was taken aback and thought by his appearance he must have called me “Thambi”. He continued to say that they were from Trichy, their luggages along with money were stolen in Koyembedu Bus Stand this afternoon. While he was talking, the much awaited AC bus arrived and stop right beside me. The automatic door opened. Chill air from inside the bus gushed out and blown to my face. He said if I can give some money? I couldn’t say yes or no. He didn’t know that I’ll get inside the bus. Consciously ignoring to answer the guy, I go inside the bus.  Comfortably got a window seat, as the bus started to move, I saw the couple approaching others.


My short journey continued, the final snapshot “the couple approaching other people” froze in my mind. My “middle class manasachi” thought about them all day, “Are they genuine? If so what could have happened to them?”.

**Picture from this blogger.


4 comments:

  1. Very true Ravi. I feel many times in the same way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sundar Thanks for stopping here and reading it.

      Delete
  2. Yes.. Its happening in several places. I don't know whether they are saying truth or they are using this trick for money motive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Murugan Thanks for stopping here and reading it.

      Delete