Monday, February 17, 2014

Who is this Wendy Doniger ? Sweet or karam !!



Who is this Wendy Doniger ?. Honestly before a week I don't know who she was, if you would have asked about her then- My reply will be is it sweet or karam.

I'm not much of a reader. A daily dose of newspaper fills my appetite of reading. This brings me to the question about Wendy Doniger, do I need to care about her work being pulled by the publisher?.

I see headlines in newspaper and FB status messages like "Republic of Barbarians", "Democracy Trashed", "Nation of Intolerance"... Hold on pasangala, India is not the only country in the world to pose ban or challenge a literature or art work.

When I saw the subject matter in the concerned book, it is about Hinduism. "The Hindus: Alternate History". Uuuuuffffff come on give me a kit-kat. Why are these westerners so obsessed with religions from East !! This is a different matter to be discussed.

Hinduism has survived many incidents, in fact bigger than a book. It is so diverse that anything is possible.

Correct me if I'm wrong, the book was challenged and the publisher pulled the book from the shelves and it was nor any government or court order ?.

Now tell who is Wendy Doniger- Avange Erode pakkam elle Thuthokudi pakkam irugange.

2 comments:

  1. :) Nothing wrong in alternative history

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes sir, there is nothing wrong in alternative history, when what we read in our history books is written by winners. She has all the right to write and Penguin has all the right to publish.

    My point is about our Indian media- shouting like "needhi sethudichi" "nyayam thungidici"

    Please read this .. http://www.outlookindia.com/article.aspx?262511


    ReplyDelete