Tuesday, July 2, 2013

US spokesperson in India

Pic from ndtv.com

Another new low in the government, Indian External affair’s minister aka spokesperson to US government. I don’t understand when they say “computer analysis”.

Spying of individual data like my blog, where I eat and where I work doesn't make much impact, but again a collection of individual big data is a certain threat when it goes by a set pattern. The biggest threat will be for the Indian government, be state or center. But the people who are supposed question the legitimacy of the US spying are in turn are becoming advocates for them.

The response from the government is just like they (US) are only going to spy about the recipe of masala dosai from the local Uduppi hotel or Saravana Bhavan. What about the sovereignty of the country? No one is going to read individual post/mail, but when there is an automated process (computer analysis), what does it actual do. ? I am assuming all our govt data is done through NIC (National Information Center) and I believe these are in Indian clouds.

It is ironic that the whistleblower Snowden is now a stateless person.

No comments:

Post a Comment