Monday, August 15, 2011

Independence Day Q & A

Who are Bhagat Singh’ famous friends?
Ans:- I don’t know who Bhagat Singh is, then how can I know his friends

                                                                                                                                                                 .


It is (was) Independence Day, August 15th and our PM was hoisting the flag in the Red Fort, by the time I got up, it was news then. I turned to the newspaper to see a handwritten letter from Bhagat Singh, oh how good was his writing style, the article also carried his famous pic.

The above is the just my start of the day might have connection with the following. With the usual “World Premier Movies” in almost all the regional channels and the debate about Anna ‘fast in the news channel, I went to good old favourite DD Podigai. A camera crew and an anchor were running after different kind of people in Chennai streets, esp “Youth” and was asking some difficult questions, for which the poor youth didn’t have answers.

Sample Questions and their answers:-

>>When did we get independence (date)?
Ans 1:- August 17th, I think 18th 1948
Ans 2:- It should be August 15th 1946


>>Who wrote National Anthem?
Ans 1:- Bharatiyar
Ans2:- Hmmm, don’t know


>>Who is Bhagat Singh?
Ans1:- I don’t have idea
Ans2: Freedom Fighter


>>Who are Bhagat Singh’ famous friends?
Ans 1:- I don’t know who Bhagat Singh is, then how can I know his friends
Ans2:- I don’t know who my friends are, then how can I know his friends


>>Why were they hanged?
Ans 1:- I don’t know, see I am not interested in history.
Ans2:- They fought for freedom


>>What is the full name of Gandhi?
Ans1: Mahatma Gandhi
Ans2: I don’t know


>>What is the name of the autobiography written by Gandhi?
Ans1:- Sir, these questions I have read in my 10th class.
Ans2:- Did he write a book!


>>Who is our national poet?
Ans1:- Muthu Ramaliga Devar


The questions went on and on, but there were no answers. They are the typical Indian generation who are confined to an idea that things will fall itself in its place. They all read it while they were in school, but forgot while getting aged! Our history is only for school and this is what the current politico world needs. It doesn’t want people to think beyond a line.

People who read this blog or article might be aware of these questions, but there are lots of our friends who are still sleeping.
  BE THE CHANGE.

Short clip of the video, sorry for the low quality
 





No comments:

Post a Comment